The Lie On The Wall

There`s a lie on the wall.
There`s a lie on the wall and I
can`t get it down,
nor can I pry it off.

It stays there, eight inches
over my head and prevents
me from forgetting who
put it there.

It`s all i can see.
Soon, it will fill the whole room and
push me out.

I may live beneath a bridge,
oh anything to get away
but the words, they are set in stone
and they will not go away.
I will have to go home and live
with them for another day.

I light the matches one by one.
The lie on the wall has been
told by your son,

although you are long dead.
Only he and I remain,
and I wear his name over
everything that I do.
I wait, and he waits too.

We do not make a sound.
I will burn this place
into the ground
to get away from any hated word
that you say, but

my skin takes the place of my walls
and the lie remains.
It has nowehere else to stay.
It has carved itself into my head and
it will not go away.

There is no other way
around it. I will have to
pluck out my heart.
I will give it to you,
although god only knows what you
will do when you`re holding it
in your large hands,

but it will do.
It is enough for me.
My heart bleeds, and you trick
the lies into three because
you want to make sure that they
live with me too

but there is nothing I can do.
I love you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment