Fight or Flight

Sometimes it`s either fight or flight.
I don`t see why I should explain.
You wouldn`t understand my plight,
what I would go through if I stayed
and someone called me by my name.
I wouldn`t be in any shape
to answer calmly - I`m untame.
There`s something wrong. I must escape.

When someone has me in their sight
I often want to get away.
I`m cursed with being too polite,
I know the perfect thing to say
and act as though I`m in a play,
but I grow cold when I am taped.
I often react out of shame.
There`s something wrong. I must escape.

There`s many things that I don`t like.
it`s mostly silence that I crave.
I take my pleasure out of spite,
I scratch your back and spit your name
then leave stage right and go downstage.
There`s nothing left for you to take -
if I should leave, why should you blame?
There's something wrong. I must escape.

If I'm not there, it's all the same.
My presence shouldn't make or break.
If I stay here, I'll go insane.
There's something wrong. I must escape.

0 comments:

Post a Comment