my last mistake

in suicide, i'm left alone.
my pockets, filled with heavy stones
will guide me to my last mistake -
i'll drown myself in Blackett's Lake.

i'm sad and want to kill myself.
i keep a knife tucked in my shelf.
a little cut, a little slit -
when i'm alone, i'll slash my wrists.

my doctor withholds all my pills.
i wait a week between refills
because he thinks i'll eat them all.
i think that he would be appalled

to know how tricky i can be.
my illness takes a hold of me.
it's something i've done more than once -
i hoard my pills for months and months.

i hide it well, but i'm a wreck.
i'll wrap this rope around my neck.
asphyixiated offerings,
i'll kick the chair and then i'll swing.

i'll live with this, my last mistake.
the last mistake i'll ever make.
i know that i'm not coming home.
in suicide, i'm left alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment